Kibabii University has established a dedicated Innovation and Incubation Hub. This is in line with the University’s Vision of being a global and dynamic University of excellence in Science, Technology and Innovation. The University benefited from equipment procured through the European Union funding under the African Higher Education Leadership in Advancing Inclusive Innovation for Development (AHEAD) Project.
The Innovation Hub seeks to provide assistance in a number of areas which include and not limited to the following:
- Business Incubation and Mentorship;
- Business Development and Training Programmes;
- Business concept development and business plan writing;
- Work space and administrative support;
- Peer to Peer / Network-based Support;
- Sector Agnostic Consultancy (“Big 4” National Agenda Priority Areas);
- Investor matchmaking;
- Intellectual Property Management;
- Venture Financing;
- Commercialisation of Innovations; and
- Technology Transfer.
The Innovation Hub is situated at SHB 6 Room 3.
Staff and students are encouraged to visit the Innovation Hub to exploit the innovative ideas.