Mr. Tom Amwanzo
Message from Sports Officer
Games and Sports Office is under student affairs department. The sports offices are found opposite procurement department under the pavilion. The aim of this department is to provide for learners, students and staff needs for games, health and recreation. Games provided by Kibabii University are: soccer, netball, volleyball, basketball, hockey, handball, table tennis, lawn tennis, softball, darts, badminton, swimming both for recreation and competition. Other recreational facilities include: aerobics and fitness hiking, back backing and mountaineering athletics.
The university is a member of the Kenya university sports association, which is affiliated to FISU and international universities sports associations. The western conference is referred to as WEKUSA. Its’ made of seven universities namely Kibabii, Maseno, JOUST, Kabianga, Kisii, Rongo and Masinde Muliro.
The university also participates in women KUSA games which is a national event for women sports only. The university also competes in east African university games, world university games.
- To ensure efficient provision of recreational and competitive sports programs to students and staff
- To prepare and train sports and games teams for inter-university competitions
- To organize intra-mural competitions among students and community
- Ensure that there are adequate facilities for both recreational and competitive sports
- Ensure efficient maintenance of facilities and good storage of sports items
- To source for adequate sports equipment for use by both students and staff
- Carry out research on sports related problems
- Seek for linkages/networks in sports
- Provide sports to learners with special needs
The students are strongly advised to appreciate the policy of the University College that encourages all students to come with their own training and practice kit and appropriate playing equipment for games and sports of their choice. For example, students who intend to participate in any of the following category of games and sports should bring their own playing kit as follows:
- Soccer/football/rugby – Uniforms and boots
- Basketball/volleyball/handball/netball – Uniforms and footwear
- Hockey – Uniforms, footwear and hockey stick
- Tennis/badminton/table tennis – Uniforms rackets or bats and footwear
- Athletics/swimming – Track suits/swimming costumes
- Karate/Tae-kwon-do – Ghee suits
The University has an “official competition kit” which will be provided ONLY during Competitions. Other basic items for training such as balls will be provided for training and practice of the respective teams.