Reporting to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academics and Students Affairs), the University Librarian shall on the overall be responsible for the supervision and management of all administrative and operational functions of the Office of the University Librarian.
The University Librarian shall:
- Be the custodian of academic resources of the University;
- Regularly review academic resources and submit a report;
- Make proposals for development of library policies;
- Implement Library policy;
- Coordinate all the Library services in the University;
- Prepare and submit proposals for acquisition of library materials;
- Acquire and conserve library research materials;
- Be responsible for the organization and operation of library services;
- Adoption and adherence to library standards;
- Manage the provision of conducive reading space for library users;
- Establish and facilitate the use of the e-Library;
- Facilitate the networking and exchange of materials of with other libraries locally and internationally;
- Make proposals for acquisition and conservation of library research materials;
- Promote provision of library support services;
- Undertaking such other official assignments as may be assigned from time to time by the Vice-Chancellor or his/her authorized officer.
Requirements for Appointment
The University Librarian shall be a Ph.D holder in Library and Information Sciences or its equivalent. In addition he/she should have at least three (3) years of experience as Deputy Librarian or relevant field.
Shall hold office on a contract period of five (5) years but may be eligible for reappointment for a further one term in accordance with terms and conditions of service as approved by the Council from time to time.
How to apply:
Each application shall be accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae, Copies of Relevant Academic and Professional Certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, Testimonials, and other relevant supporting documents. Scanned copies of these documents must be attached to the email application.
For positions of Registrars, Finance Officer, Dean of Students, University Librarian, applicants must also submit the following:
- Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau
- Criminal Investigation Department- (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Letters of recommendation from at least three persons familiar with the applicant’s professional experience and character in general should also be sent to the address below before Tuesday, 31th October, 2017 .
All applications should clearly be marked with the Reference Number of the Advertised position “Application for the position of (position applied for)”and submitted as follows:
- Ten (10) hard copies
- An electronic copy in PDF format by email be sent to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be submitted on or before Tuesday, 31th October, 2017 . Applications should be addressed as registered mail to:
The Vice Chancellor,
P.O. BOX 1699 – 50200
The Vice Chancellor
and Dropped at
Kibabii University-Main Campus,
Administration Block, Third Floor, Room ABA 308,
Note: Kibabii University is an equal opportunity employer. Women, marginalized and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply.