Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration, Finance and Development), the Registrar (Administration and Human Resources) shall on the overall be responsible for the supervision and management of all administrative and operational functions of the Office of the Registrar (Administration and Human Resources).
The Registrar shall:
- Coordinate training and development programmes of staff in the University and ensuring their implementation;
- Determine equitable monetary and non-monetary remuneration of employees in the University considering legal and statutory provisions;
- Ensure proper health and safety working conditions as provided for in applicable laws;
- Ensure smooth and efficient operations of the Personnel, Central and Blue Registries;
- Ensure safe custody and maintenance personnel and other records;
- Ensure industrial peace in the University by helping in collective bargaining, joint consultations and settlement of disputes;
- Ensure processing of staff engagement/disengagement is done in accordance with the approved policies;
- Advise top management on formulation and evaluation of human resource programmes, policies and procedures;
- Provide advice to heads of Departments regarding manpower planning, job analysis, design, recruitment and selection of staff;
- Provide Secretariat services to committees of University Management Board and Senate where applicable; and
- Exercise such other powers, perform such other duties, and discharge such other official functions as are assigned to him/her by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor/authorized officer or are prescribed by the policies and regulations of the University.
- Shall be a member of Senate and University Management Board
- Secretary to the University Management Board
- Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau
- Criminal Investigation Department- (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Letters of recommendation from at least three persons familiar with the applicant’s professional experience and character in general should also be sent to the address below before Tuesday, 31th October, 2017 .
- Ten (10) hard copies
- An electronic copy in PDF format by email be sent to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this position, the Registrar Administration and Human Resources Must have a Ph.D in relevant area and must have work experience of at least twelve (12) years of which at least three (3) years as a Deputy Registrar Administration Scale 14 or its equivalent.
The incumbent shall hold office on a contract period of five (5) years but may be eligible for reappointment for a further one term in accordance with terms and conditions of service as approved by the Council from time to time.
How to apply:
Each application shall be accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae, Copies of Relevant Academic and Professional Certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, Testimonials, and other relevant supporting documents. Scanned copies of these documents must be attached to the email application.
For positions of Registrars, Finance Officer, Dean of Students, University Librarian, applicants must also submit the following:
All applications should clearly be marked with the Reference Number of the Advertised position “Application for the position of (position applied for)”and submitted as follows:
Applications must be submitted on or before Tuesday, 31th October, 2017 . Applications should be addressed as registered mail to:
The Vice Chancellor,
P.O. BOX 1699 – 50200
The Vice Chancellor
and Dropped at
Kibabii University-Main Campus,
Administration Block, Third Floor, Room ABA 308,
Note: Kibabii University is an equal opportunity employer. Women, marginalized and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply.