On the 13th and 14th August, 2020 Kibabii University-health services department held a COVID-19 training workshop with the Ministry of Health (MOH) in partnership with Bungoma County.
The training objectives were as follows:
- To acquire knowledge and skills to prevent transmission of COVID -19
- To acquire knowledge and skills on management and control of COVID 19
- To plan and conduct COVID-19 surveillance
- To acquire knowledge and skills on rational use of PPE’s
- To describe how to set up and manage quarantine and isolation facilities
- To conduct health care workers risk assessment
The COVID -19 workshop was an interactive and incorporated practical session that involved PPE’s usage and COVID -19 sample collection.