German Development Bank-KFW/East African Community (EAC) Scholarship Programme 2021/2022 for Masters Studies (Fully Funded)
Application Deadline: September 17th, 2021 https://bit.ly/3sV1D4Z
IUCEA hereby invites suitably qualified nationals of the East African Community (EAC) to apply for cohort 3 of the KfW- funded Scholarships, to pursue Master’s studies in the EAC Partner State other than their own.
The EAC Scholarship Programme is an initiative of the East African Community (EAC) and the Federal Republic of Germany. The project begun in 2018 when the EAC Secretariat and Inter-University Council for East Africa (IUCEA) entered into a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with KfW (German Development Bank) geared towards the training of students within the EAC Region. This Project aims at creating future change agents, who identify themselves with the integration agenda of the EAC and are willing to share economic and development-oriented expert knowledge.
The minimum requirements for qualification into the Programme are:
- Be a national of a partner state of the East African Community;
- Be below 35 years of age at the time of application
- Possess at least an equivalent of Upper Second-Class Honours or “Distinction” as applicable;
- Have obtained admission from a university in another country of the EAC Region other than their own.
Up to 63 scholarships are available in the 2021/2022 academic year.
The scholarship covers the following:
- Return economy air ticket between the candidate’s home and host countries
- University tuition fees: payable directly to the university against official invoice;
- Stipend: EUR380 per month to support living expenses including housing, food, utilities, local transportation and settlement expenses;
- Allowances for study materials and research: EUR 1,500 one- off allowance;
- Medical insurance; and
- Extracurricular events: at least one event per year.