Duties and responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities at this level will involve: assisting in the management of Purchasing/Supplies and Stock Control activities in their areas of operation; coordinating Purchasing and Supplies activities within the section; supervising staff assigned to perform in their areas of operation; ensuring proper keeping of records and smooth flow of documents within the section and other departments of the University; receiving requisitions from users for purchase of goods and services and confirm correct specifications and deliveries requested; requesting for quotations or tenders from the suppliers; evaluating received quotations or tenders; placing orders or arrange for contracts, with selected suppliers and monitor deliveries to ensure supplies do arrive as promised (order progressing); checking received supplies and ensure they are correct to specifications and in good condition; counter check suppliers invoice with original quotations or tender documents and ensure original terms have been adhered to.
Requirements for Appointment
For direct appointment to this grade one must have:-
- Master’s Degree in Procurement and Supplies Management OR
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and Supplies Management with six 6 years working experience 3 of which as Assistant Procurement/Supplies Officer Scale 9 or its equivalent
- Be registered with the relevant professional body.
- ICT Competence.
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results (for serving officers)
How to apply:
Each application shall be accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae, Copies of Relevant Academic and Professional Certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, Testimonials, and other relevant supporting documents. Scanned copies of these documents must be attached to the email application.
For positions of Registrars, Finance Officer, Dean of Students, University Librarian, applicants must also submit the following:
- Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau
- Criminal Investigation Department- (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Letters of recommendation from at least three persons familiar with the applicant’s professional experience and character in general should also be sent to the address below before Tuesday, 31th October, 2017 .
All applications should clearly be marked with the Reference Number of the Advertised position “Application for the position of (position applied for)”and submitted as follows:
- Ten (10) hard copies
- An electronic copy in PDF format by email be sent to the following email: email@example.com
Applications must be submitted on or before Tuesday, 31th October, 2017 . Applications should be addressed as registered mail to:
The Vice Chancellor,
P.O. BOX 1699 – 50200
The Vice Chancellor
and Dropped at
Kibabii University-Main Campus,
Administration Block, Third Floor, Room ABA 308,
Note: Kibabii University is an equal opportunity employer. Women, marginalized and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply.