Located on the 1st Floor Administration block main campus of the University, the Department started its activity in 2012 and there is no looking back since then. Headed by Mr. David N. Butali, the department today is an active beehive of human resources and administrative services being offered.
There are four sections dealing with matters affecting staff:
- Recruitment and selection
- Council matters
- Performance contracting
- Staff Welfare & Industrial Relations
To undertake its mission and realize its vision, Kibabii University upholds the following values:
- Excellence -Staff in the department shall ensure excellence in provision of administration and human resource service to all its clients.
- Accountability– Staff in the department shall explain the rationale of activities done.
- Transparency – Staff in the department shall avoid any actions that might border on any malpractice like corruption
- Equity – Staff in the department shall ensure that there are equal opportunities for all without any form of discrimination, be it gender, race, disability, age, religion or ethnicity.
- Professionalism– Staff in the department shall conduct themselves with decorum and adhere to professional ethics.
- Integrity – Shall be reflected in our personal appearances, interactions and conduct.
To provide administrative and human resource services geared towards Science, Technology and Innovation through recruitment, training and retaining quality staff.
The strategic objectives of Administration and Human Resource department are:
- To recruit and retain staff equipped with new knowledge, skills, attitudes and values critical to the posterity of human beings and society.
- To identify and facilitate staff to undertake research innovation and extension aimed at generating new knowledge, skills and strategies that shall drive sustainable development and wealth creation for the benefit of the community.
- To establish and maintain infrastructure and services.
- To advance the intellectual and human resource capacity through training and team-building.
- To practice prudent financial management.