The University Council
Functions of the University Council
- Shall administer the property and funds of the University in a manner and for the purpose which shall promote the interest of the University ;
- Shall receive, on behalf of the University, donations, endowments, gifts, grants or other moneys and make disbursements therefrom to the University or other bodies or persons;
- Shall provide for the welfare of the staff and students of the University;
- May enter into association with other universities, university colleges or other institutions of learning, whether within Kenya or otherwise, as the Council may deem necessary and appropriate; and
- May, after consultation with the Academic Board, make regulations governing the conduct and discipline of students of the University .