Mr. Benjamin Oduor Musina
Deputy Finance Officer
Finance Department is headed by Mr. Benjamin Oduor Musina, who is the Deputy Finance Officer and he has really done his level best to ensure that all operations and activities are done in a professional way, reports and final Accounts are produced on time and all expenses incurred by the University are within the budget allocation. He has also been in the fore front in making sure that staff working under him are well motivated, which has led to higher productivity within the Department.
Finance department is further split into various sections for accurate and efficiency service delivery as stated below:
- Cash Office- Mainly deals with petty cash payments for example payment of casuals, students on work study
- Student Finance section- deals with updating all fees, Constituency Development Fund, HELB monies paid by students into the University Account and subsequently issuing them with the receipts.
- Expenditure section- This section mainly deals with the payment of Suppliers, partimers, contractors and other stakeholders.
- Voting and imprest Section- deals with Votebook updating, any expense is committed before payment is done and the imprest has to be filled, approved and voted before payment is done.
- Reconciliation section- The cash book that contains the receipts and payments is reconciled against the Bank statement and any discrepancies are reported.
- Examination section- mainly deals with checking the authenticity of documents before payment is made.
- Revenue section- deals with updating all monies collected from students and other Income generating Unit.
- Final Accounts section- deals with updating of final books of accounts and producing timely accounts reports.
Finance Department of Kibabii University undertakes the following core values in order to realize its goals:
Excellence- Staff in the Finance department shall ensure excellence in provision of reliable financial services of the highest quality to all its customers.
Accountability- Staff in the department shall accountable for all actions during the course of service delivery.
Transparency– Staff in the Finance department shall avoid any malpractice in their line of duty.
Equity– Staff in the department shall ensure that there are equal opportunities for all without any form of discrimination, be it gender, race, disability, age, religion or ethnicity.
Professionalism- Staff in the department shall conduct themselves with decorum and adhere to the code of professional ethics.
Integrity – Shall be reflected in our personal appearances, interactions and conduct.
Objectives of Finance Department
- To enhance preparation of quarterly, semi-annual and annual University budgets and improve on the budgetary control procedures towards encouraging cost reduction measures from 8% to 3%
- To enhance daily and monthly revenue collection in form of student fees, appropriation in Aid, Government capitation and other income generating units on behalf of the University
- To establish computerized accounting processes in the department towards enhancing efficiency and accuracy in generation of financial statements by the end of December, 2016
- To improve on timely preparation of payroll salaries on monthly basis from 3oth to at least 25th of every month
- To enhance processing payment of all procured Goods and Services which are of the required quality by the University user Departments