Message from Deputy Senior Clinical Officer
The University Health Services Department was started in the year, 2012 after the establishment of the Kibabii University in the year 2011 under legal notice. It is located within the University compound. The facility provides 24hr Health care services to the Kibabii University community which includes: students, and staff, as well as the staff dependents.
Health Services Department promotes quality healthcare through provision of prevention and curative health care services. The Department provides medical services to staff and students on a 24-hour call basis. The Clinic, currently offers the following services: Outpatient, Pharmaceuticals, Reproductive Health, Laboratory, VCT services and referral services. The department is rapidly expanding to offer the following services: Public health services, prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV/AIDS (PMTCT and Observation ward services.
Health care is an integral part in student and staff welfare systems of Kibabii University operations. The principal role and responsibility of Health services department is to ensure general health wellbeing of Kibabii University Community, so as to achieve the core function of the University.
The health unit offers the following services,
- Out patient services.
- Pharmaceuticals services.
- Hiv testing and counseling.
- Ambulance services for emergency cases.
- To practice efficient and effective health care service.
- To promote values of good health.
- To establish a health system that is patient/client friendly.
- To enhance health information, education and communication (IEC) to staff and students.