Welcome to Kibabii University’s directorate of Open Distance and Electronic Learning. To meet the ever-growing demand for higher education, Kibabii University through the Directorate of Open Distance and electronic Learning (ODEL), has embraced innovative ways to provide flexible access to quality education through the integration blended learning approaches in the delivery of its programmes. The directorate works closely with academic schools and faculties and enjoys the support of competent lecturers from the schools and faculties. Also, the directorate has competent staff who offer technical support to both lecturers and students who embrace blended courses.
Be an innovative learning center in enhancing flexible acquisition to quality education
To provide flexible and innovative approaches to learning through utilization of technology and provision of effective learner support.
The objectives of the Directorate are:
- To liaise with Senate and CUE accreditation of existing Undergraduate and Post graduate programmes of Kibabii University to ODEL platform
- To coordinate development of new ODEL programmes
- To mobilize resources to support running of the ODEL programmes
- Train staff on course preparation, use of ICT in offering courses on ODEL platform
- To co-ordinate learning activities
- To market to the general public programmes on ODEL platform