Duties and Responsibilities
Officer at this level shall be responsible for Collecting data and filing documents, creating accessible archives, Managing information in the archives, creating ways to easily extract information from the archives, organizing and grouping data into manageable texts, creating tools and systems to ensure easy and safe circulation of files, Generating reports when required and assisting in management of quality management system, analysis, recovery and spreading of the relevant information generated in each sector, design and implementation of documentary management systems.
Requirements for Appointment
For direct appointment to this grade one must have:-
- Bachelor’s Degree in Library Science or Information science or any related field
- Six years’ experience ,Three (3) of which Must have served in documentalist III scale 9
- Must be registered with relevant professional body.
- ICT Competent.
- Evidence of participation and contribution in seminars/conferences related to administration and management
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results (for serving officers)
How to apply:
Each application shall be accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae, Copies of Relevant Academic and Professional Certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, Testimonials, and other relevant supporting documents. Scanned copies of these documents must be attached to the email application.
For positions of Registrars, Finance Officer, Dean of Students, University Librarian, applicants must also submit the following:
- Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau
- Criminal Investigation Department- (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Letters of recommendation from at least three persons familiar with the applicant’s professional experience and character in general should also be sent to the address below before Tuesday, 31th October, 2017 .
All applications should clearly be marked with the Reference Number of the Advertised position “Application for the position of (position applied for)”and submitted as follows:
- Ten (10) hard copies
- An electronic copy in PDF format by email be sent to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be submitted on or before Tuesday, 31th October, 2017 . Applications should be addressed as registered mail to:
The Vice Chancellor,
P.O. BOX 1699 – 50200
The Vice Chancellor
and Dropped at
Kibabii University-Main Campus,
Administration Block, Third Floor, Room ABA 308,
Note: Kibabii University is an equal opportunity employer. Women, marginalized and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply.