Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Vice Chancellor, the Principal University Council Secretary shall:
- Manage all Council and Council Committee meeting logistics, attend and record minutes of all meetings and facilitate Council communications;
- Serve as the focal point for all Council communications and engagements;
- Provide proper advice and resources required by Council members to discharge their duties;
- Maintain accurate records of Council and committee deliberations, ensuring they reflect proper exercise of fiduciary duties;
- Facilitate induction of new Council members and assist in their training and development; and
- Ensure that Council complies with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements as well as best corporate governance practice, including disclosures.
- Shall be Secretary to the University Council
- CPS (K) in addition to Master’s Degree in Public Administration, Education, Human Resource Management with six (6) years’ work experience, three (3) years of which must have been at the level of Senior Administrative Assistant I Scale 11 in an institution of higher learning or public sector OR
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law and Diploma from Kenya School of Law.
- Membership of the Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya in good standing.
- ICT Competence.
- Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau
- Criminal Investigation Department- (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Letters of recommendation from at least three persons familiar with the applicant’s professional experience and character in general should also be sent to the address below before Tuesday, 31th October, 2017 .
- Ten (10) hard copies
- An electronic copy in PDF format by email be sent to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
How to apply:
Each application shall be accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae, Copies of Relevant Academic and Professional Certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, Testimonials, and other relevant supporting documents. Scanned copies of these documents must be attached to the email application.
For positions of Registrars, Finance Officer, Dean of Students, University Librarian, applicants must also submit the following:
All applications should clearly be marked with the Reference Number of the Advertised position “Application for the position of (position applied for)”and submitted as follows:
Applications must be submitted on or before Tuesday, 31th October, 2017 . Applications should be addressed as registered mail to:
The Vice Chancellor,
P.O. BOX 1699 – 50200
The Vice Chancellor
and Dropped at
Kibabii University-Main Campus,
Administration Block, Third Floor, Room ABA 308,
Note: Kibabii University is an equal opportunity employer. Women, marginalized and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply.